Okay so um. I got tagged by marveloustelecope
So…yay? It was possibly sort of ages ago, but I only noticed just now so we’ll uh—I’ll get on it.
Post the rules.
Answer the ?’s the tagger has set for you and then make ten new ones.
Tag 10 people and let them know they’ve been tagged.
1. Imagine you are famous and suddenly come across a whole fandom dedicated to you. Would you approach it directly (e.g. mention it in an interview, official twitter, etc.) or would you secretly participate?
First I’d freak the fuck out because chances are I’d be famous for some freakish poems or off-the-wall art or something, and seriously, how many people like that get FANDOMS? But seriously… Uh. Probably the latter first and foremost. Get a feel for who all is out there, initially. Then I’d be all over that shit, replying to them via any means possible and being as buddy-buddy with as many of them as I possibly could. Fanmail, Twitter, not Tumblr because that would be my method of infiltration, and just… Yeah. But really though that’d be seriously fucking cool.
2. What is your favorite stand-alone book? Series?
alskdgjlasdkgjasdlkfja I always get questions like this and I NEVER KNOW. I can only say that I really like some books. Like uh… Well I just finished Brave New World. That was really good. I’ve read Moonwalking With Einstein which was amusing and thought-provoking. Just finished Looking For Alaska which I…actually sort of really didn’t like. I don’t know. As for series, I’ve really only ever STUCK with one series, and that’s Harry Potter. And I love those books to bits and pieces. Literally. My copy of Order of the Phoenix was read so many times that it fell apart. Right at my favourite chapter. Gee, I wonder why.
3. What quote helps you get through rough times?
I don’t really have one. I just tell myself that it could be a lot worse and to stop being such an over-dramatic, attention-seeking bitch. I obviously belittle my own problems because I dislike feeling like I ‘have problems’ or ‘difficulties’ in life, because honestly I don’t. Not compared to other people. So. Erm. Yeah.
4. If you could visit 3 countries (for free) for six months each, where would you go and why?
I hate questions like these because they make me hate reality that much more.
Okay, the three countries I would choose…
First, probably England. That’s obvious. I’m not even offering an explanation for that. If you’re reading this then you’ve seen my blog and just—it’s obvious.
Second… Wow. Denmark, I think. I really want to get a sense for what that place is like. The people seem lovely, the government sounds fantastic, and I want to know how their education system works, among other things. And food and weather and clothing and how people interact and how all of that works. I’m really curious. I’d really like to live there, one day.
Lastly… Hmm. Italy, I think. It’s gorgeous there, I love the look of the people, the food sounds positively fascinating and delicious, and the HISTORY and ART. Fuck, man. That’d be fantastic.
5. If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in a foreign language, what language would you want it to be?
asdlkfjasdlfjasdlgh adkhadlfjklajsdl YOU’RE MAKING ME CHOOSE?! GODDAMNIT.
Okay. Probably German so I could easily pick up on all of the other Germanic and Nordic languages. That would be exciting.
But I might just say “fuck it” and go with Spanish because DAMNIT I HAVE A FATHER WHO’S FLUENT IN SPANISH AND I STILL CAN’T SPEAK IT WHAT THE HELL MAN WHAT GIVES
A testament to my laziness.
6. What do you love to dip your fries into?
I don’t have them often, but typically… Well, the first thing that popped into my head was a milkshake. So. There’s that. But uh… Just ketchup and mustard. Whatever condiment I happen to be eating with something else at the moment, really.
7. Who is your favorite superhero?
I unfortunately do not have one. I’ve never really been into comics that much. The stuff I know is from friends and the internet. The same goes for stuff like Pokemon. I never had that stuff growing up. For whatever reason, I was into Barbies and Princess shit (and also books and science, so). I’m so anti-girly-shit nowadays, it seems impossible, but—
Getting really off-topic.
If I had to pick, I’d probably pick a villain instead. So The Joker, in case that wasn’t obvious. But maybe Iron Man or something.
8. Would you take the red pill or the blue pill?
Both at the same time. I like the colour purple.
9. What is the appropriate response to the following: VATICAN CAMEOS!
Screaming and seeking out whoever said it so I can attack them with happy feelings and then beginning sobbing because REICHENBACH.
Oh. Erm. I mean— Ducking and falling to the ground. If I want to live.
10. What is your favorite scent?
LJFLAKSDFJLASDKJFLAKSDJF OOOOH THIS IS A GOOD ONE I LOVE THIS QUESTION YAYYYY ALSDIGHOASDTYASLTLASHFLASKDJOIA GASDK
Okay. I love—
Rain. While it’s raining, I love the scent in the air. I love the smell of water. I love when it’s cold, and it smells like ice and frostbitten faces. I love when it’s hot, and it smells like steam and grass. I love BEFORE it begins to rain, and it smells like heaviness and naps. I love AFTER it rains, and it smells like…freshness. Like everything’s brand new. It smells like…like… Night. Or alternately, like trees.
I also love the smell of books. It’s actually a bit addictive. I just thumb through the pages and flip them across my face and it’s HEAVENLY. Old or new, I don’t really care.
But good literature typically smells better, for whatever reason. Shitty books or stuff that’s been mass-produced for no other reason than that it sells, smell like plastic or something equally as horrible.
Hmm. What else do I love…? I sort of really like the smell of ink that comes from my favourite pens. When I write a lot with them, the ink starts to get glunky and smear onto my fingers, and I can smell it drying on my skin and on the page. It smells intriguing. Not addicting, but… Almost comforting or interesting or something.
I love the smell of my own blankets. They smell a bit like me (which is the only way I can smell myself), a bit like my dog (SHE ALWAYS SMELLS FANTASTIC unless she’s been recently wet and/or outside), and then just like soft fabric and sleep.
I love the smell of my bathroom after I’ve had a shower.
I love the smell of art rooms and studios. That might mean I’ll have a slew of health problems later on in life, but whatever.
Occasionally I love the smell of baked goods. But only certain ones, like pumpkin pie or chocolate chip or sugar cookies. I don’t always like the smell of food, honestly. I prefer the taste much more. And I’m really picky about that.
OKAY NOW FOR TEN NEW QUESTIONS AND TEN NEW PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED
1. Pick any of the ten questions I answered, and answer it.
2. What is your favourite art form, and why? Not necessarily which one you like to DO the best, just which one you LIKE/APPRECIATE the best/most.
3. What is some strange, minor habit, idiosyncrasy, or fact about you that not many people know or that doesn’t come up in conversation very often?
4. You now have a deck of cards. What do you do with it?
5. What is your favourite number? Why? Which language does it sound best in?
6. Is there a poem or piece of writing that you’ve always held close to you? If so, what is it? Why is it important?
7. What is something that you still have with you from childhood? Tangible, physical, mental, emotional, some sort of habit, a person, favourite place—ANYTHING.
8. Describe your favourite outfit or piece of clothing or accessory to wear. Why do you love it so much/wear it so often?
9. If you could change one thing about the way the human world is run (with zero/minimal negative consequences), what would it be? Government, economics, social interaction/justice, food, environment—anything.
10. All about fandoms: The/Your — first, most recent, favourite, one you’ve been in longest, one you’ve left, one you’re most involved in, one that’s had the biggest impact on your life, one that most of your friends are in, one with your all-time favourite character or writer or piece of film/literature.
(Or, if you’re not really in any fandoms, pick another question I’ve answered and answer THAT. Or, alternately, talk about your religious ponderings. Not necessarily what you believe, but stuff that you wonder about.)
All right, now I’m putting all of your names/urls here, as well as in the tags, just so it’s a bit easier to read.
Here we go—
And anyone else feel free to answer these if you’re bored.